Friday, March 20, 2009

Yay for Originality

As Daphne becomes more and more adept at talking, she has been starting to originate things on her own. I still have to answer when people ask her her name, and I often put the idea in her head to go tell her daddy that she loves him.

She was sitting on my lap the other day while i was doing some boring work and she gave me a giant kiss and started playing with my hair. She looked at me and said, "You're gorgeous mama, just gorgeous." It's been a while since I recall saying that to her (I used to say it all the time), and it hit me completely from left field, but it made me smile.

Today, she was saying bye to her daddy so we could go swimming, she ran up and gave him a hug and a kiss and was running away. She took a pause in her run and said, "I love you daddy," before racing out the door.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is the most charming thing -- I love reading about what she says!