Friday, March 13, 2009

Where Were We?

I've been working on posting a lot more recently. Yesterday, however, I just totally missed out. Every time I sat down to write I was back up on my feet being taken somewhere interesting by a 2 year old just learning to discover life.

We spent a huge part of the getting the house clean. I've been on this organizing kick recently, and the house was getting a little out of control, so I spent a lot of time organizing the house. Hopefully, the result is that everything should now have a place where it belongs. If something is taken out, it should be able to be put back where it belongs without much fuss. That was a lot of the problem.

I have had a box that my mother-in-law brought up for me this Christmas from her mom's house. It was a set of bone china that was being passed on to us. I finally got it out of the box and got it cleaned up and put away. It is a beautiful complete set of 8 settings. I am so happy to own it.

The sun finally showed his face yesterday, so during the warmest part of the day (it got up to 57 degrees), I took Daphne and Flaff to the park. We spent a good hour and a half on the swings and going down the slide. I even got a phone call in to my grandma. It was so lovely to have nice weather outside and to be doing something fun with the baby and the dog.

In my own personal organizing kick, I got my inbox empty of random things. I had an hour of video of Daphne to process and put on DVD, so I managed to do that, which is lovely. I am now fully caught up on DVD/photo processing.

I even got a chance last night to transfer some music off my computer that has been waiting to be put on my MP3 player for over a year. Now all my music is where it belongs and it has been backed up!

I started to go through some old photos, and I realized that I have a lot of photos that have not been backed up, so I'm going to be spending a lot of time uploading old photos to my backup site. This might take longer than I was thinking it would. However, I will be so much more comfortable when everything is safely backed up and in a system that I can use.

When I got back home from the walk, Daphne and I made some mashed veggies and chicken rolls. After all that work, neither Jared or Daphne were hungry, and poultry is difficult for me to eat right now. No one was going to eat dinner, so I sat down and ate half a chicken roll myself just for good measure. Also, home made ice cream came up on a Facebook conversation, so I whipped up a batch of egg nog ice cream for fun. Ice cream has been a nice little treat for me before going to be recently (I know I'm bad).

It was a domestically boring day, with plenty of little exciting parts. It surely is becoming spring because I hear the bird migrating. Daphne dragged me out onto the porch yesterday when she heard a migration of Canadian Geese. She said, "mama, mama, I see birds." I had to go out and look for where the bird were with her. What a sweet little end to the day.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You have inspired me (once again) to get our filing sorted out. I have big files that should legitimately be broken down into like six sub-sections apiece! I have been meaning to do it for about a month. It is very sort of quietly satisfying to get things like that dealt with!