Friday, March 06, 2009

Birth Time

Of course, Daphne's birthday is on the 5th of March, and I've found that for the 2nd year in a row it gets me thinking a lot about the whole birth experience.

Last year, Jared was in the hospital up at OHSU during the first part of March, so I spent the entire time driving back and forth to the hospital. It really got me thinking a lot, feeling pretty sad about the entire experience. After all, I had planned for the perfect storybook birth and ended up with the short end of the stick.

This year is a little different. Now, I'm facing being 6 months pregnant, and while thinking about the birth that was, I have to face my future birth plans. I'm working so hard for a VBAC, and though I'm very confident that it will happen, I've got a creeping fear that I will end up with another c-section. Either way, I'm excited to add another member to our family, especially if we will have half as much fun as Daphne and I are having.

No comments: