Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Pillow

I am thankful that every day Daphne is able to communicate more and more. She has such complex thoughts sometimes, and I see that it breaks her heart at times that I cannot duplicate what she is trying to say to me.

Recently, she has been very cranky. She has been sick with a cold/sore throat/cough, etc., it is the usual stuff that goes around this time of year. I hope it improves because it has been very rough on her, and we have had several screaming battles where she does not want to be put down but she does not want to be held and there is nothing she wants other than to throw herself on the floor and cry.

I am told, as a nursing mom, that this is my time to just comfort her and nurse her a lot, which I have been doing.

When I nurse her during the day, I always use a pillow. She knows when I go get a pillow and sit down that I am going to nurse her, and she makes a little, "Heh, Heh, Heh, Heh, mmmmm," noise.

Yesterday, I was sitting at my computer working, and she went over and got the pillow herself and walked it over to me while making the, "I want to nurse" noise.

Later, she actually managed to drag a pillow from the bedroom into the living room to give me a hint that I was forgetting someone.

The gesture is very cute, and I am glad that she has a way to tell me she wants to nurse.

No comments: