Monday, April 28, 2008

Groups and Gossip

I am a part of a very tight knit group around here. There are a lot of people who care a lot about each other who live in a very small space.

One of the biggest problems with my birth was that the gossip of it got out before I was able to tell the story myself. People came up to me after I had recovered to talk about various details that had gotten to them. Some of the details were mundane, but many of them were shocking.

I was on the other end of this recently. My friend recently had a baby, and there was a phone line chain going around with every detail up to the second of what was going on with her. In the end, I decided that I did not want to be a part of it, and I tried to remove myself from it unless my help was asked by the family involved.

All the gossip hubbub got me thinking if there were any ways to prevent this kind of a thing from happening at my own birth in the future.

And then it came to me. What if anyone that was invited to the birth was bonded for $50,000.

And I set out to write it into my next birth plan. You see, either people will not be able to talk about my birth at all or I will be one very rich lady.

Jared thinks I am crazy, but I think that I have come up with the perfect solution to what I consider to be a very real problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alternate solution: NOBODY is allowed within 500 yards of the outer perimeter of the entire birth center! Or they will be SHOT! That's my theory. :)