Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blogging and School

I have been a little slow on blogging here because I have been doing some intensive blogging for school every day. The Blog 365 rules say you just have to post on A blog not the same blog every day. I have back dated a post or two here or there so that there is a continuous running showing that I have blogged here every day, but it is all within the rules because I have been blogging somewhere at least!

School has got me going a little nuts. I am taking 14 credits because I have no other choice. I usually take 12, and those extra 2 credits are really getting to me. You see, one of my classes is a 6 credit class, unlike the regular 4 credit classes. Because for my financial aid I have to have at least 12 credits taken, I ended up having to do the 2 extra this semester leaving me at 16.

The good news is that either 1 semester in Greece or two more semesters at PSU and I will offically be a graduate. I like the sound of that.

Speaking of Greece and going to school. I really do dream of it, but I just don't see it happening. It all works out in terms of taking my family with me and doing the classes that I need to do. The only problem really comes down to money and the stupid economy. You see, it costs about $10,000 or more to go to school, which is 3-4 thousand more than it was when I was attending before. Even with financial aid, it brings it down to 5 or 6 thousand still left to make to be able to pull it off.

This would all be fine if we were not swimming in $46,000 worth of credit card debt that needs to be handled. As so, I will forego doing my last semester in Greece, I guess, to pay off our debt.

It makes me kind of sad in one way, but I am happy to know that I am not draining the money that we would be using to pay down a nice big chunk of the debt to do something that isn't totally necessary.

And so, with 2 semesters left to do of school, the world is looking a little more bright.

No comments: