Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Baskets

As Jared and I go along in married life raising a kid, we find the differences in the way we were raised and how it affects what we do.

The other day, Jared and I were shopping, and I saw an Easter basket. We started to look at all the Easter stuff, and I suddenly remembered that there is an Easter basket tradition that I need to follow now that I am a mom. I remember when I was little getting an Easter basket outside my door when I woke up, and I recall the great joy that I had when I went through what was in it. Truth be told, I have had no reason to make or get an easter basket for at least 5 years, and the tradition had completely bypassed me during that time.

I started telling Jared which great excitement that we were supposed to do an Easter basket for Daphne and that we should figure something out. He looked at me like I was crazy.

It turns out that his family had never done the Easter basket thing when he was growing up and the had NO IDEA that there was a tradition. I thought I was crazy, and after a bit of research, I discovered that HE is the one that is crazy. I at least have some friends that know what I am talking about.

We got the materials for an Easter basket for Daphne, and I hear the Easter bunny will be stopping by to drop it off any time now.

No comments: