Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Belt

We have an old wood high chair from the 1950's. I really like it, but it does not have a belt in it to keep her in. I didn't think much of it, but she has entered a climbing stage where she tries to get out of everything. Sometimes, I will give her her morning Cheerios and then walk to the kitchen to get food for Jared and I. By the time I turn back around, she is standing on the tray of the high chair. Needless to say, I needed to find another solution.

I rummaged through the closet and found Jared's belt. I not put the belt around her and the chair when I put her down to eat. That way, I can at least ensure that she doesn't go too far.

I have to remember it is there though. Last night, I tried to take her out of the chair, and the whole thing came with me because I had forgotten to undo it. I guess that means the belt is at least working.

No comments: