Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Asparagus in a Pouch

Asparagus is in season, and it is down to a dollar a pound in some cases.

I LOVE asparagus, and I never really knew how to cook it. I picked up this technique from the food network, and it is the only way I have eaten asparagus since.

Preheat the oven to 400

Take a bunch of asparagus and snap off or cut off the hard ends. The asparagus will snap on its own at the point that it is no longer tough and chewy, and you can use one as a guide to cut them all.

Get out some parchment paper and lay the asparagus in the middle. Drizzle 1-1.5 tablespoons of olive oil 1 teaspoon of salt and the juice of one lemon over the asparagus.

Fold the bag up into a pouch. I use the elastic from the asparagus bunch to rubber band it all together at the top.

Pop it in the oven for 14-16 minutes. (longer if there are other things in the oven)

It is SO yummy I could eat it very day.

No comments: