Thursday, March 13, 2008

Rice Crispy Junkie

Last night, I was determined to make rice crispy treats. I bought a box of Rice Krispies, but can you believe that the recipe is not on the box anymore. I thought it was on EVERY box ever made. I had to look it up online.

However, I found something online that called for adding peanut butter and dipping them in chocolate. I skipped the chocolate part, but I was interested in adding the peanut butter.

Daphne helped me whip up a batch really fast last night. When we were done, I set her down so I could clean up. I needed her to stay occupied, so I gave her the spoon that I had used to make them. I had no idea what I was getting in to.

Daphne was attached to that spoon for about a half hour. I tried to take it away and got nothing but screams.

I took them and put them on the bedside table because I was going to eat one after she fell asleep. While I was trying to put her to sleep, she was thrashing around, and then she was quiet. I thought she had fallen asleep facing away from me, but it turns out that she had grabbed one of the rice crispy treats and was eating it happily while I thought she was asleep.

Jared and I laughed good and hard about her. She must be a fan of the rice crispy.

No comments: