Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Jared's Guest Post

As the dad, I guess I'm entitled to post about some of the cute things I see Daphne do when Chris isn't around. Today is one of those times. As I'm sure you know, Daphne is really into mimicking things right now. It's quite fun to play around with her making noises and having her imitate them and vice versa.

And today was one of those times, although it was unintentional. Chris was outside doing something and I had Daphne in my lap and she was joyfully pounding away on my keyboard. And then I had to blow my nose so I grabbed some tissue and blew. I didn't think anything of it until later in the day Daphne grabbed a piece of toilet paper on the floor. (Try keeping toilet paper safe from a one-year old, I dare you. We've pretty much had to padlock the bathrooms to keep her from unrolling it all.) Then she tore off a little piece and started to blow on it. I realized she was "blowing her nose", but since I had tissue covering both my nose and mouth, she thought I was blowing out my mouth--similar sound. It was really cute, especially since the size of the tissue she decided to blow with was about 1/2 inch wide.

It's great being a dad and getting to watch all of these advancements firsthand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I can see it now... :)