Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What the California Fires Taught Me

Jared and I were talking about the California fires recently. I pray for the people down there that are in risk of losing their homes. I hope things work out for them, yet I know that some have already lost their homes.

Jared and I agreed what a tragedy it is. I can only imagine losing everything you own to a fire. Insurance is nice, but some things can't be bought. As a photographer, one thing that scares me is that the images I have of my personal family could very well go up in smoke. I would have nothing. We do have a fireproof safe, but, if for some reason it were not to work, I would be devastated to not have the images I have taken of my life and especially my little girl.

My solution is simple, I am going to keep back up copies of the photos and DVDs that are important to me personally. The back ups will be in the safe, but they will also be put online as well. That way, I would be able to replace any physical things in my house, and my memories and photos would all be safe. It seriously made me sleep better tonight to have this solution, I just need to get the photos up there now.

No comments: