Thursday, October 11, 2007

Police Department Woes

I have sitting in front of me a traffic warning, yes a traffic warning.

I usually don't have cops look my way, ever, but I guess I made a boo-boo or needed a scare or something because I actually got pulled over the other day.

There I was driving along with Julie and her kids in the car. I came to a pain in the ass light that you has no turn lane, so you are always yielding to the oncoming traffic. After sitting through one green light with no luck, I was coming to the yellow the second time around, and it looked like I could go. There was a car a little up the road that was close, but it had its turn signal on and it had slowed down to turn. However, the jerk decided to go straight instead and sped up almost plowing into me, as I decided to turn.

A cop was 2 cars back. He was nice, and he only gave me a warning. I understood his reasons, but now it makes me totally paranoid I am going to get a ticket because I think given the circumstances again that I would do that same thing. What is wrong with my judgment?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing is wrong with your judgement; the thing wrong is COPS! I had the same paranoia after being pulled over for "turning during dangerous traffic" when I was doing it to get OUT of the dangerous traffic.