Monday, October 22, 2007

Housework and Yardwork

Daphne is amazing. She had a little charm about her that keeps me fascinated 100% of the time, and I love it.

I am trying to winterize the house so that I can go inside and hibernate and not have to worry about the outside for a little while. Unfortunately, there was a lot to do.

I had to 1.) mow the lawn before the rains really hit, 2.) prune my strawberry bushes that I let grow wild to fill in a bunch pf empty dirt, 3.) prune the other plants in the front, 4.) trim the edges of the lawn, 4.) move my herbs inside (they are much happier now), 5.) move my other starter plants inside, 6.) sweep off the deck, 7.) wash off the dog's deck, 8.) clear out the blackberry bushes, 9.) mix up the compost pile, 10.) clean out the dogs bin and 11.) organize the garage so that we can park in there again.

Rather than waste Jared's time by making him take the baby while I did this, I did it with her strapped to my back. It was pretty amusing actually. She loved it, and I finally got her to fall asleep in her new Ergo, which was SO nice.

I took the garbage out to the curb yesterday, and I was so amazed at how good the house looks. It looks like someone actually lives here! The good part is that my plants all came inside, and I like them so much. It is nice to be surrounded by them when I am working in the kitchen.

With the yard work being such a big success, I decided to try to get some housework done. The biggest project proved to be laundry, so I took all the laundry that was clean and threw it on the bed. Then I put Daphne on the other side of it, and she helped me unfold all the clothes that I had folded. It was so nice to do laundry with her though. There was something magical about spending that time with her. I got 4 loads folded, which was very nice.

We then cleaned 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and the living room. I put her on my back, and she was perfectly happy to just sit there and be the happiest baby on earth. I still have 3 rooms to go to get everything clean, but we are off to a great start!

No comments: