Monday, October 08, 2007

Running

I have always had a lifelong love of running. OK, it is a love-hate relationship really.

When I was in Jr. High, I was on the track team, and I was pretty good. I did a lot of distance running, and I managed to run the 2 mile race, the 1 mile race and the 1/4 mile race in one track meet all while throwing the javelin the shot put and doing the high jump.

Needless to say, I was in better shape back then. When I got to Delphi, I ran during PE class, and it was OK with me, but I didn't love it as much as I had. I think I grew to hate it, and I was anti running for a while until just before I graduated. At that point, I did a health class that I ran every day for, and my love for running actually returned.

Just before I left for Greece the first time, I LOVED running. I think I even posted on my blog about it. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it. I went out especially in the rain, and it was wonderful.

And then I quit and never started again.

AND NOW.... I've GOT to lose some baby weight. There has to be something wrong that I still haven't lost any of it yet, and my baby is now 7 months old. What is going on there? I actually went to the doctor to try to figure it out because I am still YES STILL feeling nauseated a lot and even throwing up. And NO, I am not pregnant again. I can assure you.

So I started trying to run. Let me tell you that that is a big love/hate relationship again for me, and we are tending toward hate.

Recovering from a c-section is no easy beans. All of my major core muscles were cut through, so I have to rebuild them from scratch. It is not easy. It is not gratifying. It is definitely not fun. However, I am going to do it.

I am going to start doing Tae-Bo every day to try to get my aerbics back as well as my stomach muscles that I deserve.

No comments: