Wednesday, October 17, 2007

From Miso Soup to Pineapple Juice

I have to tell you that I am downright bad at this whole feeding solid foods thing.

Something about me for the first six months was sure that I just didn't need to be feeding her any solid foods. She was interested in our food and what we were eating, but it was more that she was interested in EVERYTHING and food just seemed to be another thing.

I told her when she was born that she got to drink nothing but milk for the first 6 months and then on her dads birthday that she would get to eat with him.

That didn't happen. She isn't really interested, and I just don't get it. I went to all this trouble to start making baby food. I thought that she needed to eat more because it seemed that she was getting hungry at night, but I must have been wrong.

I am determined not to give her any dairy or any grains. I think it is just wrong. She can get all the dairy she wants from me, but not other animals. Grains are WAY too hard on a little baby, so we are going to start with natures fruits and vegetables.

I should have KNOWN that she wouldn't have wanted to start with fruits when she hit it off more than once with pieces of raw onion that I chopped up for dinner.

So after trying fruit over and over and getting no real good response, I moved on.

We tried pumpkin, and that was OK. After sheer frustration, I decided to try feeding her whatever I was eating as long as it wasn't meat, dairy or grains. And that worked! She had some tomato soup, which worked lovely.

However, the other night, I made miso soup for Jared and I. At the end of the meal, I offered it to Daphne, and she LOVED it. She ate almost a quarter of a bowl of it, and I was impressed.

Thinking I had found something successful, I made some more the next night, and to my great disappointment, she hated it. She wanted my pineapple juice and nothing else.

I have a seriously fickle baby on my hands that is still not seriously interested in eating solid foods JEEZ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty adorable. At least she knows what she wants! :)