Monday, October 29, 2007

We Have a Winner

After much protest and a little bit of trying and then quitting, I think we are finally on the path to solid foods! YAY!

For the past two days, she has started to eat applesauce without much of a protest. After that, I tried giving her sweet potatoes, which she liked too. I am moving on to pumpkin and squash. She is very much a vegetable queen, so I will have to stay in that realm, which I don't mind one bit!!

SO... At 8 months old, I am officially calling her not exclusively breastfed anymore. That makes me in the extreme rarity. Only 14% make it to 6 months, which means that probably only 1% or so can make it to 8 months! The truth of the matter is that I will continue to breastfeed as long as she wants--probably around 3 years. The exclusive part of it is over, which makes me kind of sad and teary.

No comments: