Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Parenting Things

I guess I am into attachment parenting. That is the kind of parenting where you wear your baby in a sling and sleep with them and breastfeed them and do all the things people say are just coddling the baby unnecessarily. I like it. Babies need their moms. It is nice to be needed, but it is even nicer to be able to give a baby the things that you know it needs. I read in a book recently that babies cry around an hour a day at the minimum. I think that this is much, much less for my little baby. She is so happy all the time when her mom is around.

Recently, she has been teething and extra needy, and when she is in bed, she has to nurse or be right next to me, and I have been getting less and less sleep.

After many, many solutions, I am at a standstill.

I've just tried the cry it out method. She is crying right now. It may work for some people, but I am going to figure out what my child needs to sleep peacefully rather than put her down because I have another agenda.

Here I come Daphne.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison and Bobby have a frozen ice pop, and they let Rebecca chew on the end of it (without opening it up). She LOVES it and it gives her a lot of relief.

Anonymous said...

Also remember Kaellagh and Dylan had that mesh bag to put frozen fruits inside. It was kind of like a pacifier, if I'm remembering it correctly....