Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Be Prepared

I am taking a little bit of advice from the boy scouts and I am working on being prepared.

Not that I intend anything to happen to either Jared or I, but I want Daphne to know that we love her and I want to ensure that she is provided for. How do you do that

1.) Take out term life insurance. No matter how much you think you don't need it, you do. If, god forbid, anything were to happen, the money could be seriously used to ensure that the future of my children is provided for. I pay $10 a month for a $250,000 term life policy. It is totally worth it knowing that if it were needed, Daphne would have the resources needed to live well.

2.) Writing a will. We are in the process of writing a will and setting up a trust for our children. It is a rough process, one hard to think about, but I know that the paperwork is done so that it is clear what my wishes are and someone doesn't have to wade through everything trying to figure it out.

NOT that I am intending to go anywhere soon, I just want to be a good boy scout and be prepared so that I can just enjoy the time I have with Daphne.

No comments: