Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Why I Stay Married

Now that my husband is well, I have a lot of benefits that have been missing here and there over the past 6 years.

I got this email from him recently while I was on vacation. Isn't he sweet. (Jared, don't blush too much at me putting your sappy email up here...sorry) :)

Hi love,

If I could gussy this email up a bit, and make it fancier, I would, but this is what I have.

I just wanted you to know that I appreciate you and all that you have done for me. I wanted to thank you for sticking with me through all of the rough times and for giving me a beautiful daughter. And for caring for us both so well.

I used to have the viewpoint that I could make it on my own and that I could get by without anyone else if I had to. And while, I'm sure I wouldn't die, I now realize what a big part of my life you've become. You are one hell of a lady...and mother and wife. You are definitely a major pillar in my life. And I thank you for making my life that much better and more pleasurable (sooo much more).

And I wanted to thank you for continuing to have goals and dreams (no matter how cookie or unrealistic they seemed at the time) through all of the rockiness. No matter what I said, it gave me something to shoot for to give to you. Something to keep going for. Just know that I will continue to try to provide whatever I can for you so that you can be happy and help me raise some wonderful kids.

I guess I'm being a little sappy here, and I'm probably watching too much sappy TV, but I do mean every word here. I love you, I love our daughter, I love being a dad and I love being your husband. Thank you very much.

I'll see you when you get home. I hope you are having a great time and that all are doing well.

Love,
Jared

P.S. All of your animals are doing fine and your garden has been watered.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a great husband! :)