Friday, June 20, 2008

Sewing Machine Needle

We rearranged our house a month or two ago (again), and we moved my sewing table out into the living room.

Daphne the climber realized that it had a chair in front of it, and she started climbing up there. Any time I wondered where the baby was, I had to look no further than my sewing table.

At the time, I was working on a really big project, and so I was putting in a lot of hours at the sewing machine. She decided that she wanted to mimick that, so she started sitting on my lap while I did some light sewing.

It turns out that was a dangerous proposition. She is somehow attracted only tot he needles of the machine, and it is all she can to to keep her fingers in the path of the needle.

I have started to leave the machines with the needles down, but she seems to have grown out of this sheer fascination (for now).

No comments: