Saturday, June 07, 2008

Goat Show

Scott had told me about a goat show that was happening on the 7th that he wanted to know if I wanted to go to. I had been planning to go and enter my goat in it, but it became clear that after getting stuck in San Diego one day longer than we expected that it was just going to be an awful lot of extra work to try to fit everything in. I decided not to take her, but Scott and I decided to go and watch.

It was a lot of fun to see the different breeds of goats. I fell in love with the Nigerian Dwarf goats. They are amazingly wonderful animals, and if I had a ton of land I would consider having a herd of them over other standard size goats.

After seeing how it is all done, I am planning to take my goat to the county fair in July here in Yamhill County. You will be hearing more about this soon!

No comments: