Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Anti Feminism

I am told that I need to explain my anti feminist views.

I have been meaning to make a blog post about this for a long time.

WARNING: This material is highly opinionated, and may offend some. It reflects the very strong views of the author of this blog. I am sorry if you disagree.

One of the last college classes that I did when I went to Chemeketa was Women's Studies. I thought that it would be interesting to study the gender that I happen to be a part of. It turns out though that it was not women that I was studying, but the feminist movement. The class was all about propaganda about the feminist movement. The basic idea being that women have been suppressed heavily throughout history by men and that we have fought and need to continue to fight very hard to make our rights equal to men. We need absolutely everything equal to men.

There are things about the feminist movement that I agree with. I am the first to use my right to vote or to own land, etc. I don't think that your genitals really make much of a difference in those activities, and I like being able to stand on equal footing with men. I also agree with widespread access to birth control. Women have only had access to birth control over the pas 40 years or so, and I think it is a vital tool to being able to take control of the path of your life.

That is where I draw the line on agreeing with the feminists. Though I do agree with getting an equal wage for an equal amount of pay, I think they way it has been handled is ridiculous and has eroded our society completely. The second that women selfishly wanted to start taking to the workforce with men, the wages of men decreased so that equal wages could be paid to the women, this made it necessary for BOTH members of the family to work a full time job to support a household. This has two major downfalls.

Throughout history, women have been the force that defines and shapes the culture. They are the woof and warp of the culture itself. Women use to have the time available to attend meetings for charitable organizations. They use to be able to take care of a household fully. They used to be able to REALLY take care of the world around them. Now that they are working full time, our men get neglected, our culture gets neglected, and they get worn out. Women are still the ones likely to work with charity, but they do it above and beyond being "equal" with men, while the men sit at home and drink a beer or watch TV.

The second problem comes about when children are involved, and this is where you will get me really heated. WOMEN SHOULD BE HOME TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR CHILDREN. WOMEN SHOULD HAVE THIS OPTION AVAILABLE TO THEM. When babies become involved in a situation, it changes everything. A lot of women think that they need to continue working to make ends meet, the problem is that they are trying to maintain such a luxurious lifestyle that that may be the case. I believe that even in the most extreme of circumstances, that it can be worked out for women to stay at home with their children. In many cases, a woman only makes an extra $100 per week in the work force over what she would be making as a stay at home mom. The value of a stay at home mom is valued at around $110,000 per year. I always joke with my husband that I make more than him.

I was listening to Dr. Laura yesterday, and she helped to make it very clear. A mom called in, she had four kids at home, and she was trying to figure out what daycare to send them to. Dr. Laura told her that what she was doing should be a criminal offense.

My point, children are not dogs. Don't have children if you plan to put them in daycare and go back to work, just don't. You are doing them an extreme disservice. If you are not going to take care of your children by nurturing and raising them yourself, you don't really deserve to have children. How on Earth does it make sense to leave your child with someone else for 8-10 hours a day while you do all your hard work. In that very important time in the child's life, they are being shaped by someone at a daycare that is being paid a minimum wage and that has no real care for your baby--not the way you do. Even if it is a religious daycare that is run by people with similar views, they are not YOU. Babies and children need their mamas. PERIOD.

The thing that sets me off the most is when women tell me that they don't have the "time" to make meals for their families at home. This is the most ridiculous concept. Rather than take care of their family and make meals for them that will nurture them and help them grow and be healthy, they are gambling years from their lives and the lives of their family by getting take out. This is the practice with many families night after night. This is the role of the women.

I strongly feel that in this society, that if women can't fulfill this life for their children that they should put them up for adoption so that they can focus on their career. If women want to have jobs, it should not be at the expense of their kids. Our society should account for the fact that women will be gone while they rear the children.

Children are not nice little life accessories, they are beings, and they are our future. They deserve everything they can get. Nothing on Earth is more important than this task for me.

I married a real man, one that works hard to let me stay home with my baby, and I do everything I can to support him and keep him fed with real food. I also work to enhance the culture of our society as best I can.

Join the anti-feminist movement and take care of your family and your children, or don't have any at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, sign me up. :)