Thursday, January 24, 2008

Auntie M








Disclaimer: sorry Melissa, these are not good photos of you. Melissa has been my model for some time, and I can take wonderful photos of her, but apparently, I have failed entirely here. She is much, much more pretty than this.

It is unfortunate that my sister and my best friend have the same name. You know how sometimes your parents hang out with people and they end up being an Aunt or an Uncle. I have an Uncle Larry that has no relation to me, but that has always been my Uncle Larry.

I keep wanting to call my friend Melissa Auntie Melissa, but I realize that would be confusing because Daphne already HAS an Auntie Melissa.

Our solution, we are going to call her Auntie M. I like it, and it has some Wizard of Oz undertones, something that can't be too bad.

Daphne and Auntie M like to hang out. I have a whole series of them throughout the years.

The only problem is that Aunite M now lives in NEW HAMPSHIRE. I liked it there, I have to admit, if my husband would consent, I would move to New England, but that will never happen. Until then, we will have to rely on visits and the pictures from those visits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... you're right--bad photos of me. But the baby is the most important subject, right? :)