Monday, January 28, 2008

The Genographic Project

I get National Geographic. It is one of my favorite magazines because the photography is amazing and the articles are always very informative. I plan to keep all articles from it to teach Daphne later.

I have always been looking for ways to teach Daphne. I plan to homeschool her, and I am finding that there are tons of opportunities for teaching.

This is one thing I ran into that I thought was cool. It is a little too expensive for me, but it will be fun to see what the results are in 2 years.

People send in their DNA and then get back a report of where their direct maternal or paternal line came from. We aren't talking about genealogy. We are talking about the migration patterns of ancestors over 10,000 years.

I think it would be fun to do it with Daphne and see what happens, but it is pretty obvious that we are talking about a Caucasian baby here!

Check it out: https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/

No comments: