Thursday, January 31, 2008

Falling Behind

I am watching myself slowly fall behind in my college pursuits.

It is so much easier, and much more fun to play with the baby, cook or sew diapers and clothes then it is to sit down and study. The baby has almost completely banned me from studying in general, so reading only gets done in the very early hours or the very late ones.

Additionally, I have assignments and stuff that need to get done. Those DO only get done in the very early hours of the morning. I really do wonder how I will do on my midterms next week. My only hope is that I make it through them, and make it through these classes with a C average.

For 3 years, I worked very hard toward completing a degree in Art History. However, when Daphne was born, it became clear that I was going to be unable to run to Portland 3 days a week to take classes there. I only have 1 year of credits left.

However, I can alter my degree and get a degree online. The degree would be a BS in Social Sciences. Though I do really like the idea of completing my degree, I have no idea what I would do with THIS particular degree.

On the other hand, it is currently being paid for with a partial grant/scholarship.

So, my question is, 1.) do I continue, or just take a break or 2.) if I continue, which concentration do I continue in?

I am having a VERY rough time with these ones.

No comments: