Saturday, January 26, 2008

All in One (AIO) Diapers

The diapers that I have been making recently are technically called wool-in-ones. That means that the diapers are wool on the outside with snap-in inserts that can be used to capture the baby waste.

There are SO many different types of diapers. I decided to try making an all-in-one diaper. This is the kind of diaper that you can just throw the entire thing in the wash with no snap in inserts or anything (usually). I had a pattern to make 2 diapers, and they came out miserably. I messed up so badly on them. Julie confirmed that they were not usable for anything.

However, after that serious failure, I made an attempt to make a newborn AIO. It was a roaring success. I still have one last thing to do on it (and then do the snaps), but I am feeling AIO success. I am a fan of the wool-in-one still, and it is my steadfast diapering option.

No comments: