Sunday, January 27, 2008

Everyone Needs a Best Friend


Everyone needs to have a best friend. Mine is Melissa.

We have been through SO many things together. It all started when I went to school with her older sister. Since I had an older sister named Melissa and she had a younger sister named Melissa, we called each other our "Melissa replacements." I did finally get to meet Melissa at the end of the school year when she came to visit. We DID NOT hit it off.

Then, Melissa went to school the next year, and we didn't get along because I stole her friends that she wanted to be friends with, and we just never talked.

Fast forward to our junior and senior years in high school, somewhere along the way, we ended up being REALLY good friends, and during the senior year in high school, we were together a lot. She was my model for photography constantly, and we always were out in the snow taking photos or having adventures or having just good ol' fashioned fun.

Then, we graduated, and we started working at the school on the exact same date. Since then, we have been pretty inseparable. She was my maid of honor and I was her photographer (really, it was an honor, they didn't have a bridal party). She gave a tearful speech at my wedding and I at hers.

Though I have wandered to Greece and away, we have always gotten together and been the best of friends as though we were never apart.

AND THEN SHE UP AND MOVED TO NEW HAMPSHIRE!

So, she is on the other side of the country, and I miss her. We still talk often, and of course I went to see her. I hope we are always best friends, because we are too much two peas in a pod not to be.

This is my best friend--AKA Auntie M.

No comments: