Friday, September 07, 2007

Pillows, Pillows Everywhere

I was laying in bed this morning thinking of all the pillows that I have. I thought that it would make a good blog post to talk about all these pillows. All in all, we have 7 pillows on the bed between Daphne and I. Actually, I will probably take 1 more to bed with me tonight just for good measure and to keep it at an even 8. No, but seriously, I think we actually need the 8th pillow.

I sleep with my baby in bed. I find it pointless to put her in the crib and then have to drag my lazy self out of bed every time she wakes up and wants to nurse or have anything done. She likes sleeping next to me, and I think that it makes us both sleep better.

Unfortunately, we have kicked Jared out of the bed because we have so many pillows. I insist on keeping my 8 pillows, and it really came down to him or the pillows. I chose the pillows. Daphne doesn't always keep me in the most nice of positions in the middle of the night, so I use the pillows to barricade her and to elevate myself at times so that she is not touching me. If I work it just right, I can sleep on my tummy without her trying to nurse all the time. Wait, why do I have to have a reason to want so many pillows?

Please don't question my decision to kick my husband out of bed over a couple (or 5) extra pillows. If you just tried it, you would understand...

1 comment: