Monday, September 24, 2007

Infants Don't Need Shoes...OK, They Do...

I have always been under the impression that it was really dumb to put shoes on children...until I ran into some problems.

1.) It is cold in Oregon in the fall and winter (not freezing, but not tank top, shorts and sandals weather)
2.) Cold babies need protection from the cold.

Based on these two datums, I started to leave Daphne in her pajamas 100% of the time, but I ran into problems with that.

3.) Crawling in pajamas is almost impossible because the feet don't always stay in the "feet" part of the pajamas, so the baby always ends up in a tangle of clothing.

4.) For some reason, the universe is against me, and there are no pajamas in the world in the 9-12 month old stage. I have up to 6 month old pajamas and I have pajamas for 18 months and up, but there are no pajamas that are for 9-12 months. She no longer fits into any pajamas that I have.

To solve # 4 above, I had to get creative. How about long sleeved onesies and pants? The problem with that is:

5.) Traditional shirt and pants attire require socks.

6.) Infants don't keep socks on NO MATTER WHAT!

This led me to do research, and at last, I found Roobez. http://www.robeez.com/

They are leather soled shoes that are soft. The best part is that they are designed for staying on particularly tricky babies, who like to take things off their feet. She can crawl and stay warm now and there are no problems.

This, this is how you start at problem #1 and work your way to problem #6 and finally find a solution that wipes all other possible problems out. Thanks Roobez.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about the Robeez Knock-offs at Target for $12 a pair. Oh I did not check to see if they were made in China. I think the Robeez are made in Canada.