Thursday, September 20, 2007

6 Months! What a Milestone!

When Daphne was 1 month old, I realized that we had made it 1 month, and that I was supposed to nurse her exclusively for 6 months. At that point, I looked into the future and was sure that it was going to be an adventure and be difficult, and that I would feel that it was a major accomplishment when I made it to the 6 month mark.

It was in fact not difficult at all. It has been wonderful. I have had no problems or issues, and I am very happy with the results of such an incredibly happy and healthy baby!

But I was right, it has been an accomplishment. I feel like I followed through on something very important, and that I can totally do this nursing thing!

I plan to go for at least two years. That seemed like an incredibly long time, but now that I am 1/4 of the way there, it is totally doable.

I am proud of myself, that is for sure.

No comments: