Monday, February 18, 2008

Roller Skates and Strollers

Some time in the middle of the winter, I decided that it would be a good idea to put on some roller skates, put Daphne in the stroller and head on out. It turns out, that after 2 attempts, that it may not be the perfect solution.

Roller skating, apparently, is not my strong suit. The first time I tried it, I fell down the driveway and ended up scraping my leg up really bad. I think I can still see the bruise, and it was a few weeks ago.

This time, I tried it not while it was raining. I managed to head downtown, and I skated for some time, but I think that we are not meant to skate really unless it is on a very flat surface. I am going to try the roller blades the next time to see if that helps any. I will keep you updated.

The weather was beautiful and Daphne and I headed down to the park to play on the slides and things. She was not sure what to think about sliding down the slide, and her hair was standing on end from the static electricity. It was pretty comical.

I ended up walking back barefoot, but the sun was setting and the town was out on the first nice day since winter set in. It really was perfect.

I will try again, but roller skates and strollers really are fun.

No comments: