Sunday, February 03, 2008

College--Again

I am still undecided on what to do about college, and it is getting a little ridiculous.

I have written my college counselor, and he is not writing me back. In fact, I have heard nothing since before Christmas from him.

My greatest fear is that I am working my butt off with no real end in sight.

I've got a tough decision. Spend a year driving in to Portland to go to classes to get the degree I want and have been working for since 2002 (NO WAY!) or lose a year and finish a degree that I could care less about, but that I can finish here in Mcminnville?

I really can't decide. I think that I will probably end up continuing on with the degree that I don't want and at least get a BS in Social Sciences. I then plan to apply to the nursing program that I can do in Mcminnville, and spend a year doing the classes that I need to do to become certified as an RN.

At that point, just a little bit more work, and I've got a BSN (BS in Nursing). From that point, becoming a midwife involves a masters degree, but I could do it if I wanted to. The most important thing being that I have a Nursing degree and could practice nursing of some sort.

I really don't know.

For now, I know that I have to make it through midterms next week, which is a real challenge with a baby hanging off one leg.

No comments: