Monday, February 18, 2008

The Fake Holiday

Some national holidays I can really get behind. I love Christmas because it is deeply rooted in traditions that have been passed down for centuries.

There are just some holidays I cannot get behind. President's day is one of them. I just don't see the point other than the fact that postal workers and banks feel that they need an extra three-day weekend thrown in somewhere.

It is SUCH an inconvenience. I have things to mail and doctors to talk to and checks to deposit. None of those things can be done.

The thing is that it is a FAKE holiday. I wont be imparting some cultural tradition to my daughter today in celebration of some cultural tradition, I will instead be inconvenienced by the fact that somewhere someone declared that they needed an extra day off.

No comments: