Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Grapes!

As a part of my gardening project, I decided that I was going to get some grapes. We have lots of room in our backyard that gets light and that are serving no real purpose now.

I bought 2 year grape vines, and put them along one edge of the fence. I built them a bed and filled it with clay and compost mixture. The bed is made out of old bricks that I recycled. I really like them there. I was considering putting some asparagus in with them, but it turns out that asparagus and grapes don't get along very well. I am still thinking about it though!

I am excited about the grapes. I almost want to name them.

I still have some work left to do on the bed though. I need to put bricks in the back to keep the dirt from falling through the fence, and I am hoping to get some mortar to plaster the bricks all together because it is not as steady as I would like. I will get the mortar if it is inexpensive.

What a fun project.

No comments: