Sunday, November 18, 2007

Wood Toys

Since Daphne was born, I have become a little obsessive about wooden toys. This was before the whole China scare. I am determined to get rid of anything that is plastic in her life and unnecessary. I am currently debating over whether I should get some glass bottles or if she is over that faze in her life. I did break down and buy a sippy cup that she loves, but I am found much better stainless steel alternatives, which I will consider trying to get people to get her for Christmas presents if they don't want to do the buy a book thing.

Anyway, I am finally at the point that we have enough wood toys that I can eradicate any toys we have that don't meet my standards. It is good to rotate the toys around anyway, so I think I will put away the plastic toys that she has been playing with forever and see how missed they get. There are only a few of them, and I am only getting rid of the ones made in China for now. I have a rain stick that was given to me by a crunchy mama that was made in Israel, and I love it, so it has to stay--where is that toy by the way?

I now have relatives cooperating in the wood toy thing, and it is wonderful. Her grandpa made her a rattle from scratch himself and her grandma bought her some wonderful rattles that are even my favorite toys right now. I intend to have her toys last for many children. I am excited about her having quality toys.

Now if only I could find or make her some wood blocks like I used to play with when I was a kid. The ones you can buy are really expensive. I wonder how hard they would be to make.....

No comments: