Sunday, November 18, 2007

I Disappeared...Here is Why

I think that NaBloPoMo broke me. I don't get it. Somehow my commitment to post every day, which I was doing everyday without any outside influence took a negative turn, and I have been ignoring my blog completely.

Here are some of the reasons why.

I am going to NY soon, but before that, Daphne is having her naming ceremony. I have so much to do to get ready for that, but I am behind. I am trying to get caught up by keeping the house clean, matting the photos and organizing potential food for guests, etc. It is a lot of work, but I am staying on top of it.

I have opened a sweatshop, or so my husband must think. Julie and I recently got some wool to make diaper covers. I decided recently that I was going to completely change my diapering style. Not only was I going to change the system to include fabrics that I liked more than the fabrics that you can get in stores, I decided I am dedicated to making them all on my own. Many hours of work later, and many mistakes, I have sorted it out. As soon as my last bit of fabric comes on Monday or Tuesday, I will have my whole new diapering set up ready. It is not for lack of being up at 4 in the morning many days in a row so that I could sew undisturbed. I will feature some of my sewing products on my blog in the near future. They are amazing, and my husband keeps thinking that I am spending money on new things, when in fact I have made them myself.

Daphne is being more and more needy lately, which means that I have to hold her and sleep with her longer, which is a direct hit to my blogging.

I had company over.

I am heading out of town for Thanksgiving.

I had 3-4 weddings and 4-5 photo sessions that needed to be edited. I am down to 1 wedding and 2 photo sessions, which, with the help of my new apprentice, should take place soon.

I am working to get some more promo and stuff set up for my business so that I can work next summer!

Jared has been feeling a little worse lately, so I am trying to help him take up the slack to feel better. I hope we are on the road to improvement for that.

I have plenty of blogging ideas, so stay tuned. I also decided that I am going to process photo and video in the next day or two, so don't turn that dial.

No comments: