Sunday, November 18, 2007

How Daylight Saving Time Screwed Me

Usually, I really love the fall daylight savings time. It always meant that I got an hour more sleep, and how could that be bad eh? However, now that I have a daughter of my own who has an internal clock that is very well calibrated, I am going to start an organization called "Mothers Against Daylight Savings Time."

Seriously just when I get her down to a routine with her naps all on time, they change the time on me. And a baby doesn't know that you change the clock. I explained it to her, but it took weeks for her to get used to the fact that what she thought was 7 was really 6. So she spent some time waking up the whole house at 6 when she should have been sleeping until 7 or later. She used to wake up at 7 standardly and then go back to sleep--sometimes until 9. Now that stupid daylight savings time messed everything up, she rarely sleeps past 7:15.

This means that I get less blogging time because I am awake with her in the morning when I should be getting my "me alone" time. It means I get less sanity.

She also insists that I go to bed with her at night, which I don't mind anymore. So my once 2am bedtime has been moved up to 8:30 ouch! That also means that my once 9am wake up time has also been moved up to 4am. Jared thinks I am crazy, but having a moment of silence is necessary--not to mention the fact that I have been working in my sweatshop non stop lately, and that is NOT an easy thing to do with a baby.

Do, though daylight savings time may be good for farmers, it is bad for mothers. Vive la Resistance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I soooo agree!