Sunday, November 18, 2007

Solid Foods....Help and Questions

I put this on the moms group that I am a part of, but I thought I would post it here in case anyone had any brilliant ideas.

"I thought I might run this by you smart ladies and see if I could get some help.

I was one of those rare mamas that breastfeed her baby exclusively with no food whatsoever for 6 months. The problem was, that at 6 months Daphne still wasn't interested in solid foods. She would toy with the idea off and on, but would generally scream when she saw I was going to try to feed her. So I let it be, and at 8 months I was still pretty much exclusively breastfeeding. Now, she is starting to be interested in food more and more, but I am at a loss, I have so many stupid questions.

I am one of those people that don't want to feed her grains at all until after she is a year old. We have allergies running in our family, and I don't want to too anything at all that may help bring them into my daughter's life. I am also staying away from dairy completely.

The problem is that I am just giving her goopy and soupy fruits and veggies that I have mixed up on my own. How is she ever going to learn to chew something if I can't give her something with texture?

Is it going to be the end of the road if I make up some Ezekial biscuits and let her chew on them every once in a while? Ahhhh... What are the rules? I am so confused. You would think that I would bee more on top of this considering the fact that I have had almost 9 months to prepare.

Any ideas or suggestions?"

No comments: