Thursday, August 31, 2006

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The last day in Naples. I decided that it was time for me to actually make it into the city center and look at some of the historical buildings. There are two castles in the old town area that I understood were really nice to look at. I followed all of the directions I had to make it to down town Naples, but as soon as I got off the metro and walked into the city, I immediately got an idea of the city. It was very dirty and scary. The street vendors were not giving clean deals, and I did not feel safe. I went as far as I could before realizing that I may end up having troubles it I wasn’t careful. Because I was not really well versed in the things to see in Naples, I decided that it wasn’t safe for me to continue trying to stay in the area. After walking a little away from the train station, I decided to turn around and head back for the hostel. If I decided at a later point in my life that seeing Naples is important, I will go back, but I don’t feel that I really missed out on a lot of good art that would be devastating to my education to miss.

I spent a long time getting the train back. When I got there, I spent the rest of the day just realizing, looking at the people walking around me in the piazza, getting gelato, using the Internet, watching TV, reading my book and going tgo bed. It was a realizing end to my vacation knowing that I was going to be in Rome with Christy and Kathy the next day.

No comments: