Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

London wasn’t so welcoming. I stood in a massive immigration line for ages only to get through it and discover at baggage that my bag had been lost. Many hours, and forms later, they assured me it would be found. Time investment at the airport finding nothing could be done -- 5 hours.

With a very light load (which I admit was quite nice), I jumped on the tube and headed for my hostel, which was relatively easy to find. I got a room with 20 beds for 20 bucks. The exchange into the GBP was very expensive. I spent 50 Euro in one day only on transport and lodging. I didn’t buy a morsel of food. The hostel was OK. Tons of computers were available to pay to use the Internet, but the place itself was nothing extremely special. I did get a chance to talk to Jared at night, which was comforting for the both of us. At the hostel 20 people in a room guarantees people coming and going every hour even in the middle of the night and into the late morning. That and jet lag made it clear that I would have slept better on a park bench.

No comments: