Thursday, August 31, 2006

Chris in Italy

Hello,

I just wanted to send off a quick hello to everyone to let you know that I have arrived in Italy and I am well. I have been here for 10 days so far, and it's been fun. I spent 1 day in Longon, England, 4 days in Milano, Italy and now I am completing my 5th day here in Naples.

Italy has a different character than I origionally thought. I am having to pick up important Italain phrases very quickly, and I think that after having been in Naples that I will be able to successfully navigate any public transportation system in the world, either in English or not.

The sun is shining, which inevitially means that my tan is coming out again, and I was sure that it was over for the summer. The weather in my final location for study, Pistoia (20 miles outside of Florence) is supposed to be much cooler.

I have done and seen some amazing things. I got to see a castle and very amazing church in Milan. I got to see some famous works of art when I was in London. Here in Naples, I have seen Pompeii and been very close to the volcano that destroyed it.

When I leave Naples tomorrow, I head to Rome for one day to meet with a group of fellow students and then head to Florence\Pistoia the next morning. I am very excited.

The connection to the Internet here in Italy is a lot more difficult than in Greece. I am documenting everything well, and when I get to Greece, I will make sure that it all gets posted on my blog. I'm sorry that I may not be able to update my blog until October 1st, but there will be a lot to read then, I promise. Otherwise, I will try to keep you updated with letters and photos.

Hope all is well in your part of the world.

Until Next Time,

Chao,

Christine

No comments: