Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday, August 24, 2006

The next day was agonizing. I was very, very ill, so attempts to leave bed until 14:00 were all for naught. I got some sleep. When I woke up, I finally resolved to have my bags delivered to Pistoia and rough it. It is nice to travel very light, but it would have been nice to have things like toothpaste and underwear. I resolved to buy some toothpaste, a toothbrush, shampoo and a new shirt. One problem that I had was that I needed to get a hold of John Pack and make sure that it was OK to have my bags delivered early. I spent the rest of the day buying a phone card and then figuring out how to get a hold of John. I finally got it all sorted out, and then it was back to the hostel for bed, etc. I had good company and was able to pass the night with ease.

No comments: