Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday, September 1, 2006

I woke up in the morning with a smile on my face chanting, “I will be in Rome today, I leave for Rome today.” I was very excited. It was finally the end of my personal vacation that was also acting in many ways as a tragedy. I vowed at the end that it was always better to travel with a companion. It makes it much easier to get out of sticky or frustrating problems, and you have someone to laugh things off with and bounce ideas off. It is also nice to be able to talk about a work of art that you are interested in or even to talk in general. The future travels with have Jared and our child if not friends to guide us on our way as well.

I got on the train and made it to Rome late. When I left the station, I decided to walk toward the hostel. Halfway there, I had decided I was going the wrong way, so I turned around. I then started to look for Kathy’s hotel, which I was very surprised to find in a very easy location. She had gone out to pick up Morgan, so I had to find my own hostel.
Many hours later, I ended up just following the directions of the paper I had from the place with directions. After many kilometers of walking, I was there finally.

I dropped my stuff off and made it back to Kathy’s. She still wasn’t home from being out, so I waited. She came eventually with Morgan, and it was really nice to finally see her.

We ended up having coffee over good conversation and then did a little shopping.

After that, I walked back to my hostel and sat and waited for Christy. I met some nice other people that were also traveling, but I was just waiting for Christy.

When she finally did some, we ended up going out for coffee, walking to the station to get tickets and then heading back to the hostel for a night of no sleep and lots of excitement for the trip to Pistoia the next day.

No comments: