Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Not much to say about this day. We didn’t have anything scheduled for the day, so I decided to take a nice hike up to the hill above the villa and visit the old monastery there. Christy and Matt decided to come with me.

At first, we started right up through the olive groves, and it was a beautiful hike. We eventually came upon a house where a farmer was working. He asked us where we were going and then opened all the gates on the property for us to be able to go through. He was nice, and it was a “cultural” experience, as my friend would say.

The monastery was very wonderful, and the view was fabulous.

After the hike, Matt and I headed to Pistoia where he bought me some lunch, which was very nice.

The rest of the day was spent doing little else but getting ready to head to Greece.

No comments: