Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Lucca was our last day trip out to a new city, and I was really looking forward to it. I had not heard about the glories of Lucca, but I was sure that it was going to be fabulous.

We got there and found out first thing that the church that we were first going to look at was closed. While the professors regrouped and got some coffee, my friends and I discovered that it was an important day in the town and that there was a good market going on. We found a stand that was making fresh donuts, and I had one. It was really amazing.

We then walked on through the town to see the glories that Lucca has to offer.

I am writing this a little bit after the trip. The experience of Lucca is the city itself. There wasn’t a lot of great masterpieces that we saw while we were there. The city is a well-arranged city that has many medieval palaces in it. The streets are lined with the feeling of being old in a modern time.

The churches that we visited were very amazing. I got some post cards of the facades of them because I really enjoyed the time I spent in them.

Of course, as in all churches in Italy, I saw many relics.

We made our way slowly home after a long day of looking at the beautiful city of Lucca.

Dinner was steak, and it was fabulous.

No comments: