Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Today

Hello,

It's been a few days now since I wrote.

Briefly, Monday I was what I am coining to be grasped in the death throes of art. I was having a hard day technically with figure drawing and photography, so I spent the entire day working through my issues in that area.

Yesterday, I had a beautiful day. Our photo instructor took me outside and really, really showed me what was going on technically when I made certain decisions with my camera. I realized that I knew a lot but didn't really have that much of a WORKING understanding of what was going on, so I am now ready to gain more of an understanding of that area.

On the shoot, we ran into an old man at a church. He was great. He saw that we were from American and that we were taking photos and he came over and gave me a hug and totally adopted me. Later in the day, I went back to the spot to take some photos in a different lighting and he was there watching the sun set. He was so overjoyed to see me. He spoke two works in the English language "America" and "boat." But we managed to communicate pretty well. He asked me to take his photo, and I think that I got a nice portrait shot of him, and I intend to print it and keep it in my portfolio.

I also started a new painting that I think is going to turn out incredibly. I have learned a lot from the mistakes of my first two, and I know that I can do a good job on this one!

I had an excellent day today as well. I was having a hard time mastering a technique in figure drawing, and I almost quit, but I got it at the last second and really, really was happy when it all came out OK.

After that, Aggleiki (one of my good, Greek friends) and I went out and ate a Gyro. It was really good.

I came back and watched John show his work, which I have made a note of in another piece, it was incredible.

After that, I really got a jump on digital photography.

I did a literature seminar tonight, which was totally incredible! I am reading the Odyssey in 4 weeks, tell your students that!

I also found out today that I got a 4.0 last semester, I'm on the honor roll again!

I did my first Greek class yesterday. I can almost eat a meal using only my Greek!

I am starting to be overwhelmed by everything I am doing, but I know that will soon pass as I get swept up in really just working at it!

I love what I am doing here.

Sorry this isn't longer, but it's rounding past midnight, and I need to still get some more things done.

I love you so much my love. Sorry this isn't longer, but I'm so tired.

Chris

No comments: