Sunday, March 06, 2005

Hello From Greece

Hello, First off, mind the typos because this keyboard is strangely Greek in design! There is a lot of news for me to tell about.

First of all, Jared and I have officialy moved. We live at
660 NW Gleneagle Dr. Unit G-50
Sherwood, Or 97140

His phone # is 971-241-8024
Mine is # 503-560-8600

My cell is of little use while I'm in Greece, so just call Jared if you need anything.

So, I made my long flight around the world with great adventure. I got stuck in Paris for many hours while the runway was icy and few flights were coming in or taking off. When I finally did get to Greece, the ferry workers were on strike, and I stayed in some interesting little hotels while I was there. I got to know the metro system well. I saw the port city a lot, and of course I made it to the famous Parthenon (which was right out my back door). The olympics are still very big there with signs and posters everywhere. Being stuck in city is very interesting, and few people speak English, so I learned survival Greek, and I can read street signs now! It's very safe though, and as I was forced to walk alone at night alone, it's a good thing. All people who do manange to speak/understand English are very, very nice, so it worked out fine.

I finally made it to Paros, and it's beautiful. Really the island and the city are something out of a fairy tale. The streets are narrow and stone, and they were built to confuse pirates. I must say that I still have a hard time finding my apartment! So I'm off now to find something to eat (olives and feta are VERY cheap here) and then take a walk in the Greek sun. You can always email me back, but it's hard to stay in contact with everyone, so the group email is going to have to do for now. I'm going to try to post things on my blog, so check it often. http://yellocowphoto.blog.com

Ya Hara, Chris

No comments: