Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Another Beautiful Day

Today was a beautiful day, I realized, yet again, how lucky I am to be here on this island dong what I am doing. It is perfect. I also realize that I am in the right field doing the right thing at the right time. It's just so amazing. I know that I am taking a very heavy load of classes, but it is worth it to me. I now know so much about the art forms that I am now taking part in, and it means so much to me to be able to do them. I know how to make a mosaic and stretch a canvas and paint the way that many great painters of the past have done so. I also know how to do a clay sculpture and draw objects and the human body and other things. I have become more prolific and proficient in the art of writing, and I am reading great Greek writings of the past that have so shaped our world.

Today, I was walking down the street looking at rocks on the ground thinking what great mosaic pieces they would make while I silently wrote a poem in my head. As I continued walking to look for some clay to do a sculpture, I saw a man treating an octopus and I thought what a great photo it would make. In addition to it all, I was looking at the background of the photo thinking what a great painting landscape it would make. It's so nice to be able to go around and look at the world in that way. I have so many projects going in my head and in the works, that I seriously have no idea how I am going to get them home. It may happen at the sacrifice of some of the clothes that I brought that will be worn out by then. This is my reality and what is really going on here on this little island in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Things are going well here.

Feel free to drop me a line if you want to. I miss you all, but I can't say that I can't wait to come home!

With much, much love,

Chris

No comments: