Sunday, March 20, 2005

Better Weather, Better Day!

Today was a beautiful of all beautiful days every. The weather was great and everything just seemed to go well.

I decided to take the day and sleep as long as I could, and that ended up being until 8. I looked outside and it was just gorgeous so I opened all of my windows and went about getting ready. It was so nice that I decided to go on a run.

As I ran down along the water, I saw all of the Greek people getting ready to go into the Church of a Hundred Doors for their morning church service. People here were very happy and they were out having coffee before they had to run off to Church. I felt odd running as the Greeks aren't used to exercise. So much so, that when students here go running the Greeks sometimes run after them and ask if anything is wrong!

I came back to my apartment, and took some really great photos along the way.

I ate a brilliant breakfast of cereal (I have been deprived of it for two weeks, so it was exciting to me).

Then I went on to do some art. I got out my drawing book and put the finishing touches on 4 drawing that I had done. I used my pastels to make them nice and pretty. I got them all preserved to make a trip home so that I can show them to you!

Then I got all ready and sat in the sun for a couple of hours while I got down and read two chapters of the Odyssey. I really enjoy that book. The sun was burning and it bore down on me very heavily. I am now officially tanned, and I KNOW that that's not going to go away for some time now! That's definitely something that excites me!

When I was all nice and tan, I walked back to my apartment and got ready to take some photos. I got my film camera out and my digital camera and I went around and took some great photos. It was the first time that I had managed to work the film camera in an ACT of GOD. I then got it in my head to take a walk so I went out on the road and started to go up the hill outside of Paroikia. When the road ended I got on a donkey path and when that ended I just climbed up the sheer hill. I was in a skirt, and it was just crazy. I got the hell scratched out of my legs, but I had a hell of a time. I got some incredible pictures. I actually climbed so high that I could see the ocean on both sides of the island. It was incredible. I have some beautiful photos of it!

Then I walked back home and actually cooked myself some dinner. I hadn't cooked anything in the two weeks that I had been here, but I made some spaghetti, and for sauce I used pesto sauce with Greek cheese in it. I TOTALLY loved it. I can make it really easily.

Then I went and developed my film and it came out OK. You have no idea how much of a relief that was to me. I have gone through hoops to get it all working fine.

I also found out that I got an A in my college math class. That was a relief, as I wasn't sure if I was going to even pass. No more math for me!

Also, we had a barbeque on the beach last night. I was very nice.

Today was excellent. If every day were like this, they would call that Heaven.

Chris

No comments: